Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help a newbee?

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 4 9:21 PM
      On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

      > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
      > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
      >
      > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
      > please e-mail me.

      Kyudo gear for:
      1) Kyudo
      2) SCA Archery
      OR
      3) SCA Combat Archery?

      I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA Budokai.
      In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to hosted,
      IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to Asahi
      America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of assistance.

      -Ii
    • vodican
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 5 4:43 PM
        I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
        as posibble.
        domo
        yoshi

        > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
        >
        > > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
        > > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
        > >
        > > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on
        this
        > > please e-mail me.
        >
        > Kyudo gear for:
        > 1) Kyudo
        > 2) SCA Archery
        > OR
        > 3) SCA Combat Archery?
        >
        > I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA
        Budokai.
        > In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to
        hosted,
        > IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to
        Asahi
        > America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of
        assistance.

        > -Ii
      • Don Luby
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 5 4:53 PM
          On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

          > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
          > as posibble.

          For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
          Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
          hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
          shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
          combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
          we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

          Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
          at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

          > domo
          > yoshi

          Koredono

          Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono
          djl@... Yama-kaminari-ryu
        • Kevin Newman
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 5 9:47 PM
            Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
            Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
            Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:

            On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

            > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
            > as posibble.

            For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
            Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
            hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
            shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
            combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
            we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

            Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
            at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

            > domo
            > yoshi

            Koredono

          • dateyukiie
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 6 10:34 AM
              --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

              > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
              greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
              have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
              expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
              > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

              Konnichi wa tomodachi,
              Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
              Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
              94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
              Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
              (519) 595-8791
              kkoppedr@...

              You can also check http://www.krackow.com

              I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
              Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
              Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave
            • Kevin Newman
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 6 11:01 AM
                Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
                Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
                dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                (519) 595-8791
                kkoppedr@...

                You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 8 7:40 AM
                  I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                  should be in the message archive from sometime around
                  last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                  about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                  Sakurakawa

                  > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                  > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                  > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                  > for the battle field.
                  > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                  > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                  >
                  > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                  > > as posibble.
                  >
                  > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                  > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                  > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                  > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                  > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                  > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                  >
                  > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                  > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                  >
                  > > domo
                  > > yoshi
                  >

                  > Koredono

                • Kevin Newman
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 8 9:46 PM
                    Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
                    Kuro
                    elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                    should be in the message archive from sometime around
                    last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                    about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                    Sakurakawa

                    > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                    > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                    > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                    > for the battle field.
                    > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                    > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                    >
                    > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                    > > as posibble.
                    >
                    > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                    > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                    > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                    > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                    > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                    > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                    >
                    > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                    > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                    >
                    > > domo
                    > > yoshi
                    >

                    > Koredono

                  • Sean
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 9 7:34 AM
                      I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
                      North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
                      modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
                      send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
                      got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

                      If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
                      bows.

                      Kintarou

                      (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

                      > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                      > should be in the message archive from sometime around
                      > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                      > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
                      >
                      > Sakurakawa
                      > >
                      > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                      > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
                      far is
                      > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
                      believe
                      > > for the battle field.
                      > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                      > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                      > > > as posibble.
                      > >
                      > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                      > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                      > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                      > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                      > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                      > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                      > >
                      > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                      > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                      > >
                      > > > domo
                      > > > yoshi
                      > >

                      > > Koredono

                      -----
                      > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
                      Koredono
                      > > djl@...
                      Yama-kaminari-ryu
                      > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
                      AEthelmearc

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Marc Choronzey
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 9 9:57 AM
                        Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
                        either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
                        his here....

                        -Shisen.

                        -----

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 9 1:36 PM
                          He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                          The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                          on the roads.

                          Kintarou

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 9 9:17 PM
                            Domo.