Re: help a newbee?

  • vodican
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
      I am also from atlantia. being you are prior marine you should know
      where i am, camp lejeune (jacksonville nc). There are very few asian
      personas here in the middle of the kingdom. I ussually go to events
      where i am the only asian persona there. I get lots of looks though
      (i am very proud of my armour). I have done lots of reaserch and am
      willing to help when ever i can.

      For those who are interested in putting on a japenese themed event
      let me know and i will be glad to help. I am not going to be able to
      make pensic but i am making plans for kingdom crusades in october. I
      hope to see some of you there.

      Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
      asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.

      I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
      please e-mail me.

      domo
      Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu no Ryu no Kyoto
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
        On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

        > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
        > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
        >
        > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
        > please e-mail me.

        Kyudo gear for:
        1) Kyudo
        2) SCA Archery
        OR
        3) SCA Combat Archery?

        I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA Budokai.
        In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to hosted,
        IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to Asahi
        America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of assistance.

        -Ii
      • vodican
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
          I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
          as posibble.
          domo
          yoshi

          > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
          >
          > > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
          > > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
          > >
          > > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on
          this
          > > please e-mail me.
          >
          > Kyudo gear for:
          > 1) Kyudo
          > 2) SCA Archery
          > OR
          > 3) SCA Combat Archery?
          >
          > I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA
          Budokai.
          > In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to
          hosted,
          > IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to
          Asahi
          > America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of
          assistance.

          > -Ii
        • Don Luby
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
            On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

            > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
            > as posibble.

            For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
            Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
            hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
            shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
            combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
            we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

            Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
            at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

            > domo
            > yoshi

            Koredono

            Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono
            djl@... Yama-kaminari-ryu
          • Kevin Newman
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
              Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
              Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
              Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:

              On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

              > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
              > as posibble.

              For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
              Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
              hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
              shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
              combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
              we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

              Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
              at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

              > domo
              > yoshi

              Koredono

            • dateyukiie
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
                --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                (519) 595-8791
                kkoppedr@...

                You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave
              • Kevin Newman
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
                  Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
                  Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
                  dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                  > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                  greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                  have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                  expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                  > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                  Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                  Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                  Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                  94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                  Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                  (519) 595-8791
                  kkoppedr@...

                  You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                  I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                  Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                  Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                    I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                    should be in the message archive from sometime around
                    last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                    about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                    Sakurakawa

                    > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                    > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                    > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                    > for the battle field.
                    > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                    > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                    >
                    > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                    > > as posibble.
                    >
                    > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                    > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                    > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                    > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                    > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                    > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                    >
                    > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                    > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                    >
                    > > domo
                    > > yoshi
                    >

                    > Koredono

                  • Kevin Newman
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                      Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
                      Kuro
                      elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                      should be in the message archive from sometime around
                      last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                      about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                      Sakurakawa

                      > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                      > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                      > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                      > for the battle field.
                      > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                      > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                      >
                      > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                      > > as posibble.
                      >
                      > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                      > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                      > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                      > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                      > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                      > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                      >
                      > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                      > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                      >
                      > > domo
                      > > yoshi
                      >

                      > Koredono

                    • Sean
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                        I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
                        North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
                        modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
                        send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
                        got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

                        If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
                        bows.

                        Kintarou

                        (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

                        > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                        > should be in the message archive from sometime around
                        > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                        > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
                        >
                        > Sakurakawa
                        > >
                        > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                        > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
                        far is
                        > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
                        believe
                        > > for the battle field.
                        > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                        > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                        > > > as posibble.
                        > >
                        > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                        > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                        > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                        > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                        > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                        > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                        > >
                        > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                        > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                        > >
                        > > > domo
                        > > > yoshi
                        > >

                        > > Koredono

                        -----
                        > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
                        Koredono
                        > > djl@...
                        Yama-kaminari-ryu
                        > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
                        AEthelmearc

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Marc Choronzey
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                          Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
                          either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
                          his here....

                          -Shisen.

                          -----

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                            He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                            The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                            on the roads.

                            Kintarou

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                              Domo.