Period Japanese Food

  • lord_aharon_of_talkon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
      Hello There!

      I found a book (I didn't buy it yet) called the History of Tofu. In
      it it stated that tofu was make and eaten in period. I'm not sure if
      I should buy this book or not since not everything that is published
      is true. What do you all think? Should I go for it?

      I think they did a reprint, and it was published now with something
      else. I wish I could remember the title now. :(

      --Arte
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
        Actually, IIRC, the 14th c. Chinese manuscript I have has a recipe for making tofu...I know it has one for a rice wine! So I'd say go for it, especially if you're fond of the stuff. I think we're still on track for translating the Japanese manuscript, so that should help as well.

        Kiri
        I found a book (I didn't buy it yet) called the History of Tofu. In
        it it stated that tofu was make and eaten in period. I'm not sure if
        I should buy this book or not since not everything that is published
        is true. What do you all think? Should I go for it?

        I think they did a reprint, and it was published now with something
        else. I wish I could remember the title now. :(

        --Arte

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor