Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help a newbee?

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
      And....should you be going to Pennsic, there are all sorts of wonderful Japanese culture/persona classes being taught at the Yama Kaminari encampment!!

      Kiri
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
        Or the fact that "Master" and "Mistress" were titles used by the middle class and certainly did not indicate any kind of peerage!!! But that argument went down the tubes several years back when they refused to allow Laurels and Pelicans be termed "Knights of the Laurel", etc. The only positive thing that came out of that one was allowing women to be called "Dame".

        Kiri
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
          Koniciwa!

          Just wanted to point out that tonite 7-2-02 on AMC

          6:00 Est and repeating 2 hours later:

          'Bruce Lee: warrior's journey'

          Very fascinating. Hope you all get to see it.

          Tochiro of clan Takeda

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
        • vodican
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
            I am also from atlantia. being you are prior marine you should know
            where i am, camp lejeune (jacksonville nc). There are very few asian
            personas here in the middle of the kingdom. I ussually go to events
            where i am the only asian persona there. I get lots of looks though
            (i am very proud of my armour). I have done lots of reaserch and am
            willing to help when ever i can.

            For those who are interested in putting on a japenese themed event
            let me know and i will be glad to help. I am not going to be able to
            make pensic but i am making plans for kingdom crusades in october. I
            hope to see some of you there.

            Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
            asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.

            I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
            please e-mail me.

            domo
            Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu no Ryu no Kyoto
          • Ii Saburou
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
              On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

              > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
              > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
              >
              > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
              > please e-mail me.

              Kyudo gear for:
              1) Kyudo
              2) SCA Archery
              OR
              3) SCA Combat Archery?

              I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA Budokai.
              In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to hosted,
              IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to Asahi
              America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of assistance.

              -Ii
            • vodican
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
                I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                as posibble.
                domo
                yoshi

                > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                >
                > > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
                > > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
                > >
                > > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on
                this
                > > please e-mail me.
                >
                > Kyudo gear for:
                > 1) Kyudo
                > 2) SCA Archery
                > OR
                > 3) SCA Combat Archery?
                >
                > I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA
                Budokai.
                > In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to
                hosted,
                > IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to
                Asahi
                > America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of
                assistance.

                > -Ii
              • Don Luby
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
                  On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

                  > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                  > as posibble.

                  For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                  Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                  hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                  shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                  combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                  we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

                  Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                  at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

                  > domo
                  > yoshi

                  Koredono

                  Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono
                  djl@... Yama-kaminari-ryu
                • Kevin Newman
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
                    Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                    Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                    Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:

                    On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

                    > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                    > as posibble.

                    For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                    Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                    hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                    shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                    combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                    we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

                    Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                    at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

                    > domo
                    > yoshi

                    Koredono

                  • dateyukiie
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
                      --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                      > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                      greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                      have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                      expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                      > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                      Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                      Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                      Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                      94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                      Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                      (519) 595-8791
                      kkoppedr@...

                      You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                      I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                      Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
                        Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
                        Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
                        dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                        > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                        greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                        have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                        expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                        > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                        Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                        Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                        Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                        94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                        Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                        (519) 595-8791
                        kkoppedr@...

                        You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                        I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                        Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                        Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                          I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                          should be in the message archive from sometime around
                          last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                          about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                          Sakurakawa

                          > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                          > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                          > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                          > for the battle field.
                          > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                          > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                          >
                          > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                          > > as posibble.
                          >
                          > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                          > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                          > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                          > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                          > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                          > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                          >
                          > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                          > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                          >
                          > > domo
                          > > yoshi
                          >

                          > Koredono

                        • Kevin Newman
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                            Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
                            Kuro
                            elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                            should be in the message archive from sometime around
                            last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                            about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                            Sakurakawa

                            > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                            > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                            > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                            > for the battle field.
                            > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                            > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                            >
                            > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                            > > as posibble.
                            >
                            > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                            > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                            > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                            > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                            > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                            > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                            >
                            > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                            > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                            >
                            > > domo
                            > > yoshi
                            >

                            > Koredono

                          • Sean
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                              I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
                              North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
                              modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
                              send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
                              got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

                              If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
                              bows.

                              Kintarou

                              (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

                              > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                              > should be in the message archive from sometime around
                              > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                              > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
                              >
                              > Sakurakawa
                              > >
                              > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                              > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
                              far is
                              > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
                              believe
                              > > for the battle field.
                              > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                              > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                              > > > as posibble.
                              > >
                              > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                              > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                              > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                              > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                              > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                              > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                              > >
                              > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                              > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                              > >
                              > > > domo
                              > > > yoshi
                              > >

                              > > Koredono

                              -----
                              > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
                              Koredono
                              > > djl@...
                              Yama-kaminari-ryu
                              > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
                              AEthelmearc

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • Marc Choronzey
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
                                either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
                                his here....

                                -Shisen.

                                -----

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                  He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                                  The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                                  on the roads.

                                  Kintarou

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                    Domo.