Re: [SCA-JML] help a newbee?

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
      Sounds like a plan to me.....

      Kiri (former member of said institution!!!)
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
        And....should you be going to Pennsic, there are all sorts of wonderful Japanese culture/persona classes being taught at the Yama Kaminari encampment!!

        Kiri
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
          Or the fact that "Master" and "Mistress" were titles used by the middle class and certainly did not indicate any kind of peerage!!! But that argument went down the tubes several years back when they refused to allow Laurels and Pelicans be termed "Knights of the Laurel", etc. The only positive thing that came out of that one was allowing women to be called "Dame".

          Kiri
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
            Koniciwa!

            Just wanted to point out that tonite 7-2-02 on AMC

            6:00 Est and repeating 2 hours later:

            'Bruce Lee: warrior's journey'

            Very fascinating. Hope you all get to see it.

            Tochiro of clan Takeda

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
          • vodican
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
              I am also from atlantia. being you are prior marine you should know
              where i am, camp lejeune (jacksonville nc). There are very few asian
              personas here in the middle of the kingdom. I ussually go to events
              where i am the only asian persona there. I get lots of looks though
              (i am very proud of my armour). I have done lots of reaserch and am
              willing to help when ever i can.

              For those who are interested in putting on a japenese themed event
              let me know and i will be glad to help. I am not going to be able to
              make pensic but i am making plans for kingdom crusades in october. I
              hope to see some of you there.

              Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
              asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.

              I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
              please e-mail me.

              domo
              Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu no Ryu no Kyoto
            • Ii Saburou
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
                On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

                > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
                > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
                >
                > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on this
                > please e-mail me.

                Kyudo gear for:
                1) Kyudo
                2) SCA Archery
                OR
                3) SCA Combat Archery?

                I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA Budokai.
                In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to hosted,
                IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to Asahi
                America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of assistance.

                -Ii
              • vodican
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
                  I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                  as posibble.
                  domo
                  yoshi

                  > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                  >
                  > > Does anyone know of a japenese knight in atlantia. A friend was
                  > > asking about it the other day and it peeked my interest.
                  > >
                  > > I am also looking for some kyudo gear. If anyone has any inf on
                  this
                  > > please e-mail me.
                  >
                  > Kyudo gear for:
                  > 1) Kyudo
                  > 2) SCA Archery
                  > OR
                  > 3) SCA Combat Archery?
                  >
                  > I know I can find info for the first one through the Northern VA
                  Budokai.
                  > In fact, there is a seminar that the kyudoka here are going to
                  hosted,
                  > IIRC, by Dan Deprospero (www.kyudo.com). He has links there to
                  Asahi
                  > America (http://www.kyudo.com/asahiam.html) which may be of
                  assistance.

                  > -Ii
                • Don Luby
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
                    On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

                    > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                    > as posibble.

                    For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                    Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                    hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                    shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                    combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                    we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

                    Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                    at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

                    > domo
                    > yoshi

                    Koredono

                    Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono
                    djl@... Yama-kaminari-ryu
                  • Kevin Newman
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
                      Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                      Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                      Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:

                      On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

                      > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                      > as posibble.

                      For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                      Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                      hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                      shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                      combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                      we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

                      Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                      at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

                      > domo
                      > yoshi

                      Koredono

                    • dateyukiie
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
                        --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                        > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                        greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                        have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                        expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                        > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                        Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                        Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                        Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                        94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                        Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                        (519) 595-8791
                        kkoppedr@...

                        You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                        I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                        Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
                          Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
                          Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
                          dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

                          > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
                          greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
                          have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
                          expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
                          > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

                          Konnichi wa tomodachi,
                          Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
                          Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
                          94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
                          Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
                          (519) 595-8791
                          kkoppedr@...

                          You can also check http://www.krackow.com

                          I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
                          Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
                          Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                            I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                            should be in the message archive from sometime around
                            last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                            about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                            Sakurakawa

                            > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                            > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                            > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                            > for the battle field.
                            > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                            > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                            >
                            > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                            > > as posibble.
                            >
                            > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                            > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                            > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                            > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                            > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                            > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                            >
                            > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                            > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                            >
                            > > domo
                            > > yoshi
                            >

                            > Koredono

                          • Kevin Newman
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                              Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
                              Kuro
                              elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                              should be in the message archive from sometime around
                              last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                              about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                              Sakurakawa

                              > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                              > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                              > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                              > for the battle field.
                              > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                              > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                              >
                              > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                              > > as posibble.
                              >
                              > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                              > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                              > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                              > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                              > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                              > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                              >
                              > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                              > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                              >
                              > > domo
                              > > yoshi
                              >

                              > Koredono

                            • Sean
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
                                North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
                                modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
                                send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
                                got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

                                If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
                                bows.

                                Kintarou

                                (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

                                > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                                > should be in the message archive from sometime around
                                > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                                > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
                                >
                                > Sakurakawa
                                > >
                                > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                                > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
                                far is
                                > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
                                believe
                                > > for the battle field.
                                > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                                > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                                > > > as posibble.
                                > >
                                > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                                > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                                > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                                > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                                > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                                > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                                > >
                                > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                                > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                                > >
                                > > > domo
                                > > > yoshi
                                > >

                                > > Koredono

                                -----
                                > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
                                Koredono
                                > > djl@...
                                Yama-kaminari-ryu
                                > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
                                AEthelmearc

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Marc Choronzey
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                  Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
                                  either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
                                  his here....

                                  -Shisen.

                                  -----

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                    He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                                    The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                                    on the roads.

                                    Kintarou

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                                      Domo.