Armor: Odoshi

  • Ash Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2002
      Greetings all,
      Was it always the case that there was a changing pattern with the
      odoshi?
      Or would it be acceptable to, say, instead of fade from white to the base
      color, to simply have the base color?
      Mainly I ask because the colors of the household I plan to join are black
      and red... and though I could do a black and red dan odoshi, I think that it
      would lessen the presence of the red in the armor overall, and I am
      attempting to have somewhat of a "balance" between the black and red.

      Also, anyone who has made the chrysanthemum styled brass fittings? I've
      never worked with brass and I'm wondering if they could be formed using a
      carved wooden block then beaten, like a mold? (perhaps of ash or oak) Or
      maybe someone knows where to buy some sturdy ornimental pieces like this for
      cheap :)
      It would suck to have to continually re-mold the brass fittings so that it
      would look nice for battle.

      Thanks

      --Ash

      It is ironic that those who most passionately advocate destruction of the
      enemy, often are at the highest loss to explain why they themselves have the
      right to survive.