Re: [SCA-JML] Re: European heraldry on Japanese garb

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 10, 2002
      well im working on 2 sets of tatami do right now. id
      be happy to show you,take pictures and/or tell you how
      it perfroms once im finished.
      --kiyohara
      --- Ii Saburou <logan@...> wrote:
      > Oddly enough, I've found that the more rigid armor
      > actually seems to be
      > easier to move it. Perhaps it is because you aren't
      > moving all the weight
      > around.. .but I guess that's a topic for another
      > list. (Although.. I'd
      > really love to see a good tatami-do [tatami != rice
      > mat. It is plates
      > held together by maille, as I've seen it. I believe
      > it refers to the
      > fact it can be rolled up])

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2002
        On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, michael A wrote:

        > well im working on 2 sets of tatami do right now. id
        > be happy to show you,take pictures and/or tell you how
        > it perfroms once im finished.
        > --kiyohara

        I would love to know. I'm especially curious as to how well it will hold
        up. I would guess that, protection wise, it is no worse off than some
        brig. that I've seen out there.

        I need to build a new set of armor, but I'm thinking of doing a nanban do
        next.

        -Ii
      • michael A
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 11, 2002
          i tested a 3x3 section of plates at a practice. it
          took the abuse no problem. i was using 16ga plates and
          doubled up rings of 16ga 1/4"id. i will probably go
          down to 18ga plates on the next piece with the same
          link construction.
          --kiyohara