Pennsic A&S Display: Need suggestions

  • lord_aharon_of_talkon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2002
      Greetings All!

      I am planning on doing a japanese pottery display of some kind at
      Pennsic's A&S display (not sure if its a Laurel's Prize Tourney or
      just a generic A&S contest...doesn't matter much either way to me).
      I would LIKE to make something obviously period and something that is
      a set. I was thinking of either doing a period Sake set, a period
      tea set or possibly a table setting.

      Can ANYONE on this list send me pictures of peroid sets or possibly
      something else that would be a nice display piece that is period and
      Japanese?

      I have a number of books, but either they are in japanese (ya think?)
      or they are NOT sets. Sort of depressing really.

      My offer...if SOMEONE provides me with the pictures and
      documentation, I will make them the exact piece as well for free. I
      think Edward can vouch for my work. My Laurel is Master Hroar
      Stormgengr, so you can vouch for me following up on my promises like
      this.

      Bring it on!

      --Artemesia/Raku

      P.S. I am THIS close to making a Korean incense sclputure because I
      actually HAVE a good resource for Korean stuff. I'd rather not tho.
      Halp!
    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2002
        > From: "lord_aharon_of_talkon" <mneumark@...>
        > Can ANYONE on this list send me pictures of peroid sets or possibly
        > something else that would be a nice display piece that is period and
        > Japanese?

        www.japanesepottery.com
        www.japantimes.co.jp/arts.htm
        http://www.e-yakimono.net/

        I don't know if the concept of set is period. Gambatte! There are many
        good books on Raku and the like, but that's a more recent style in many
        ways also.

        Jim Eckman
      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2002
          Arte,
          I don't have pictures of any actual sets, per se, but I do have pictures of individual period pieces from Japan, including tea caddies, tea bowls and that sort of thing. If you're interested, let me know and I'll put togethere a zip file and put it on the JML list file section.

          I also have a few pictures of some really cool Jomon and Yayoi pieces...if you're interested......

          Kiri
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • lord_aharon_of_talkon
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
            Yes please!

            Also, I saw "Ran" for the first time (I bought the DVD)...does anyone
            know if those sake sets, or even if their garb was period? I can
            EASILY make those sake sets. They were cool.

            --Arte

            Service.