[SCA-JML] Re: Medieval Japanese

  • fsjlb4
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 1999
      Thank you very much for all the information on Medieval Japanese. I will look
      into it at my school.

      >You're up on me. I used to buy mine in Tokyo, but I tend to consider more and
      >more cheating and making a set of leather (!) using leather soles (lasts
      longer)
      >and with thong ties (doesn't itch as much as straw).

      The ones we made used a nylon rope for the thong ties, but I saw examples of
      them made with cloth and what appeared to be silk ties as well. This might be
      more comfortable to wear. As for making soles, it probably wouldn't be a bad
      idea; when I do Native American regalia for dancing I put a second sole on my
      shoes. Period it is not, but it sure helps them to hold up longer, and helps
      my not so impressive budget :)

      Oh, and in regards to another comment on the size of the shoe. I noticed that
      the toes hang over the front and the heel drags a bit, but the sandals I had
      made barely reached passed the center of my arch; I think that I need them a
      bit larger than that :*)

      Thank you to all for your assistance,

      -Godric Logan