Re: [SCA-JML] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 18 , May 8, 2002
      michael A wrote:

      > i have a quick question i was wondering if people
      > could help me with. im mking a hikitate eboshi. i
      > based the shape on the graphic effingham has on his
      > site which has the hikitate, tate, and ori eboshi on
      > it. the pattern i created is proportonal and appears
      > to be the correct shape, but the resulting cap seems a
      > bit tall. from the top of the swept back point to the
      > bottom of the cap measures around 17 inches. after
      > looking through my japanses library, ive seen a few
      > that seem around this tall but most seem shorter. does
      > this seem excessively tall???

      It's taken from a real one from the 16th century...

      Remember, these weren't worn standing straight up. They're pulled back, like
      a shark heading into a high wind <G>.

      Effingham
    • michael A
      Message 2 of 18 , May 8, 2002
        thanks effingham , i just wanted to make sure i was
        in the ballpark.
        --kiyohara
        > michael A wrote:
        >
        > > i have a quick question i was wondering if people
        > > could help me with. im mking a hikitate eboshi. i
        > > based the shape on the graphic effingham has on
        > his
        > > site which has the hikitate, tate, and ori eboshi
        > on
        > > it. the pattern i created is proportonal and
        > appears
        > > to be the correct shape, but the resulting cap
        > seems a
        > > bit tall. from the top of the swept back point to
        > the
        > > bottom of the cap measures around 17 inches. after
        > > looking through my japanses library, ive seen a
        > few
        > > that seem around this tall but most seem shorter.
        > does
        > > this seem excessively tall???
        >
        > It's taken from a real one from the 16th century...
        >
        > Remember, these weren't worn standing straight up.
        > They're pulled back, like
        > a shark heading into a high wind <G>.
        >

        > Effingham

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Maria Gilson
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 4, 2003
          At 06:14 PM 9/4/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >Ok. So I'm absent-minded. So I discard e-mail messages before I should.
          >After all, I'm your basic almost-senile senior citizen. I decided to go
          >ahead
          >and order the movie we've been discussing...you know the one. And I've
          >completely lost the name of it. Can some kind soul (of course, you're all
          >kind
          >souls!) please remind me of it?

          Onmyoji. <g>

          --Tace
        • Solveig
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 4, 2003
            Kiri Hime!

            Greetings from Solveig! You are probably thinking of Onmyoji. I ordered
            the "delux" version a few days ago.

          • KATYA GILLEY
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 1, 2006
              Thank you for the information, and as for the "yelling" it is an unfortunate
              tendencey of not learning to type.i will endeavor to lower my voice,and
              again no disrespect or harm intended.

              RAIN OR SUNSHINE IS OF NO MATTER,THEIR HONOR IS GREATER THAN THEIR MOOD.
            • Ellen Badgley
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
                On 3/1/06, KATYA GILLEY <fuzzywonder@...> wrote:

                > Thank you for the information, and as for the "yelling" it is an unfortunate
                > tendencey of not learning to type.i will endeavor to lower my voice,and
                > again no disrespect or harm intended.

                Absolutely none taken, no worries! It really is just easier to read
                if it's in "normal" capitalization.

                A warm welcome to the list!

                - Abe no Kotori