Re: [SCA-JML] More Kyujutsu stuff still

    Message 1 of 105 , May 7 4:51 PM
      Sean wrote:

      > Once again I must jump in here before I hear the standard "that cann't be
      > done" comments.

      It can't be do.... aw, poo. <G>

      > If there is one amongst us who could figure out how to make
      > a glove it would be Date.

      I'd stress that he try to get a look at a real yugake as well (I assume
      Date-dono has access) to see what the thumb should be. It's the key element in
      making a Japanese archers' glove.

      > Last year at Pennsic he presented Yumi with an ebira that he made that even
      > Yumi said was of museum quality. All we need to do is give him the slightest
      > push in the right direction and Date being the ultimate prefectionist will
      > figure out how to make one.

      I might have to talk to him about going into production and selling these
      puppies. I need an ebira, too, and my time is pinched. <G>

      Effingcatchingup
    • seki_nakagawa
      Message 105 of 105 , Jan 10, 2009
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, shinomoto yoshinaga <frayyosh@...>
        wrote:
          I have a Japanese persona my real life better half has a Scottish
        persona.

        I am right there with you. My better half's persona is Norse and we
        had a 2 SCA years of discussion as to whether she would take my
        nihonji name or what. She end up assuming a "regional" name and named
        herself Lezlie of Silverhart, which is where we live. I am not even
        sure that Lezlie is norse at all.

        -Sukeie