Question on nickname

  • Ka'linor Ferrari
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2002
      Konnichi Wa

      For a nickname, could I shorten the version of my
      formal name (Michiyoshi) to use as a nickname (which
      would come out as Michi, which sounds like my already
      known name of Misha). Or would that be weird? Or as a
      nickname, would I shorten my family name (Yamamoto to
      Yama)?

      Domo Arigatou!

      Yamamoto no Ryojiro Michiyoshi
      formerly known as Misha