Translation request

  • karl.j.jacobs@jci.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2002
      Greetings unto the august company assembled,

      Nearly half a year ago, I became apprenticed to Mistress Margaret Malise de
      Kyrkyntolaghe. As one of the projects I have set for myself, I would like
      to write the translation of the oath in hiragana. Unfrotunetly, my skill
      with the language is not up to the task of translating this oath. Would
      one you be so kind as to assist me?

      Domo arigato gozaimasu!
      Kou Toshikage

      Apprentice Oath:

      I vow to study and practice diverse arts of peace and war.
      I vow to strive for authenticity in dress, equipment, and behaviour.

      I vow to set an example of curteous and noble behaviour.
      I vow to give freely of my knowledge, talents, and abilities.

      I vow to give wise counsel according to my knowledge.
      I vow to listen and learn from all those who offer wise counsel.

      I vow to serve where serve I might.
      I vow to seek balance in all things.

      I vow to be a defender of the weak and a champion of the right and the
      good.
      I vow to have a strong heart and be the voice of the unseen and unheard.

      I vow to be obedient to the governing documents of the Society and the Laws
      of Northshield.
      I vow to celebrate the past, look to the future, and bring forth the Dream
      alive in all hearts.