Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 700

  • Tatsushu .
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2002
      >apparently there are also problems with people performing sweeps and taking
      >people off their feet when using quarterstaffs.

      Which gets into my other issue of--if people armored the lower legs properly
      and understood how not to power swing at them, I think the legs could be a
      target in single combat.

      However, this is me coming from various arts where legs get swept out from
      under me all the time and I regularly get hit below the shins with naginata.
      It requires that you have a level of proficiency and training to do it
      safely that the SCA does not, I think, require. Whether or not it should is
      a debate that I really don't think I can get much support on, and I'm really
      not sure if it should. However, at this point this discussion is probably
      ready for a fighter list, not the Japanese list.