Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Looking for Naginata construction info

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2002
      the curve is very important. for a number of subtlties
      in shots. two quick examples.

      a torso thrust will stick and not slide of by angling
      the point inward aagainst adeflecting surface. this i
      true of any thrust butthe curve does that naturally in
      one direction. this means that shots people think they
      have slipped wont slip. important when fighting a
      spearman that knows how to dodge a slip blows.

      second example a legged sword and boarder can be faked
      high with acut to raise the shield pull the blade back
      then thrust into the belly. again can be done with a
      straight weapon but the curve makes it easier. note
      please dont cup your friends while doing this.
      there are many more examples, its just a matter of
      using your weapons full potential.
      -kiyohara

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/