Re: Buying second hand Kimonos

  • lord_aharon_of_talkon
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
      --- In sca-jml@y..., "shirokitatate" <shirokitatate@y...> wrote:
      > Here in MN (and in the upper midwest) we have a vintage clothing
      > store Ragstock that sells new and used kimono. They are on the web
      > for locations only www.ragstock.com I think they are going to do
      > internet sales in a while. They have obi as well and I haven't
      seen
      > anything wrong structurally with any of their kimono except for one
      > hole one one that I bought. BTW the average kimono they sell is
      $12
      > and the obi are $6-12.

      Here in Caid, we have a number of used clothing stores that sell used
      kimono, but they aren't cheap. I know if you type in google used
      kimono, you get a ton of hits.

      I'm trying to hunt down the buy by the bale...I do quilting and would
      LOVE to get inexpensive japanese fabrics. I go to Little Toyko and
      pay $12-$25 a yard for the imported fabrics (as you can tell, I don't
      do this often at all) and would MUCH rather recycle fabric. Anyone
      that could give me contact names for these resellers, I would be SO
      grateful (ever Threads I buy I can never find them)!

      --Artemesia