Re: [SCA-JML] Re: hitatare patern question

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
      urufu_tenzo wrote:

      > The pattern reads as follows " Left body (20x38) (32+36)"

      Ah, okay. I see the problem.

      I wasn't as consistent with the measurement. The (32+36)" is the finished
      length of the back (32) and the front (36); I didn't put in the width. The
      finished width of the WHOLE back should be about 28-32 inches, depending on
      how large a garment you want.

      Thanks for pointing out the problem to me. I'll try to get that fixed and
      updated.

      Effingham

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
        Ii Saburou wrote:

        > Ahh, yes. I remember having issues with this. I don't know what
        > Effingham's intention was, but I took it to mean:

        <snip>

        Pretty much spot on, but the overall body width isn't a full 38 inches --
        that would be HUGE. It's usually the width of -- or a bit larger than the
        width of -- a kimono body.