Re: hitatare patern question

  • urufu_tenzo
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2002
      EUREEKA! :)

      Thanks,

      Urufu Tenzo
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
        urufu_tenzo wrote:

        > The pattern reads as follows " Left body (20x38) (32+36)"

        Ah, okay. I see the problem.

        I wasn't as consistent with the measurement. The (32+36)" is the finished
        length of the back (32) and the front (36); I didn't put in the width. The
        finished width of the WHOLE back should be about 28-32 inches, depending on
        how large a garment you want.

        Thanks for pointing out the problem to me. I'll try to get that fixed and
        updated.

        Effingham

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
          Ii Saburou wrote:

          > Ahh, yes. I remember having issues with this. I don't know what
          > Effingham's intention was, but I took it to mean:

          <snip>

          Pretty much spot on, but the overall body width isn't a full 38 inches --
          that would be HUGE. It's usually the width of -- or a bit larger than the
          width of -- a kimono body.