Re: Women's Clothing patterns

  • fuzzybunz2002
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
      Ohayou gozaimasu Oharu-dono,
      O genki desu ka?

      I was wondering if you knew of anyone who had done similar
      work...but...for male garb...?? I have worked out patterns for kosode
      and hakama and kataginu...well...edo period kataginu...<grin> but...I
      would like to create an earlier period outfit...possibly Heian....BTW:
      how does one pronounce that...Hey an....He i an....??? <grin>

      If you have male patterns...or anyone else out there does...or hints
      to alter the kosode....please let me know...

      In service to the Dream,

      Domo arigato gozaimasu...

      Oumo no Matashichiro Michimoto

      --- In sca-jml@y..., "bewilderedart" <wildeman@g...> wrote:
      > Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to email me their
      > snailmail address; the copying costs and postage aren't so much I'd
      > need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional copies if
      needed.
      > My only request would be that people let me know if they have any
      > suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used the patterns,
      since
      > this is effectively a "beta" handout :)
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Isabella/Oharu
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
        On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, fuzzybunz2002 wrote:

        > Ohayou gozaimasu Oharu-dono,
        > O genki desu ka?

        Genki de gozaru.*

        > I was wondering if you knew of anyone who had done similar
        > work...but...for male garb...?? I have worked out patterns for kosode
        > and hakama and kataginu...well...edo period kataginu...<grin> but...I
        > would like to create an earlier period outfit...possibly Heian....BTW:
        > how does one pronounce that...Hey an....He i an....??? <grin>

        First, have you checked the 'Files' section on Yahoo!Groups->SCA-JML?

        Go to http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/Garb.html and look at the men's
        section. Find out what you want, and then you could start asking
        questions to fill in what that doesn't tell you.

        -Ii

        *I'm well.
      • fuzzybunz2002
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2002
          > First, have you checked the 'Files' section on
          Yahoo!Groups->SCA-JML?

          > Go to http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/Garb.html and look at the
          men's
          > section. Find out what you want, and then you could start asking
          > questions to fill in what that doesn't tell you.

          <sheepish grin>

          Oops....I forgot about those....<slinking away quietly....>

          Thank you....!!
        • Elaine P Hedrick
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6, 2002
            Hello,
            I am a newbee who desperately wants out of loaner garb. Have chosen
            Japan as my country but have not gotten much further as yet. I would
            love to have a copy of the pattern and will be glad to give feedback
            after using it.
            snail mail
            E Hedrick
            419 New Woodruff Rd.