Re: Women's Clothing patterns

  • bewilderedart
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2002
      --- In sca-jml@y..., "taoofkim" <TaoofKim@a...> wrote:
      > I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
      > bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
      > on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
      > you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
      > still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
      > Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
      > advance!

      I just taught a survey of Japanese women's garb at Estrella, and have
      several packets left over, so if you'd like me to I could send you
      one. It has patterns for the major components of women's garb, and
      suggestions for combinations for the various periods. I've had good
      luck with the patterns so far, though they could probably use some
      tweaking; I'm not quite the expert that Fujiwara-dono is, and since
      this is the first time I've taught the class, I haven't gotten any
      feedback yet on how useful the patterns have been.

      I may get it up on the web sometime, but the patterns are thus far
      handdrawn on graph paper, and not in anything approaching web-ready
      form, and my planned SCA-arts website is even further from readiness.

      Anyhow, if you email me your mailing address (or, if you're
      uncomfortable with that, the mailing address of your local SCA group)
      I'd be happy to mail it out. ;)

      Isabella Dati/Kobayashi Oharu
      (no, I don't post much :))
      <wildeman@...>
      House Leuwenberg
      Barony Tir Ysgithr
      Atenveldt
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
        I would love to have a copy. While I've been doing this for many years, I always believe that I have a lot to learn!

        Kiri
        > I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
        > bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
        > on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
        > you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
        > still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
        > Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
        > advance!

        I just taught a survey of Japanese women's garb at Estrella, and have
        several packets left over, so if you'd like me to I could send you
        one. It has patterns for the major components of women's garb, and
        suggestions for combinations for the various periods. I've had good
        luck with the patterns so far, though they could probably use some
        tweaking; I'm not quite the expert that Fujiwara-dono is, and since
        this is the first time I've taught the class, I haven't gotten any
        feedback yet on how useful the patterns have been.

        I may get it up on the web sometime, but the patterns are thus far
        handdrawn on graph paper, and not in anything approaching web-ready
        form, and my planned SCA-arts website is even further from readiness.

        Anyhow, if you email me your mailing address (or, if you're
        uncomfortable with that, the mailing address of your local SCA group)
        I'd be happy to mail it out. ;)

        Isabella Dati/Kobayashi Oharu
        (no, I don't post much :))
        <wildeman@...>
        House Leuwenberg
        Barony Tir Ysgithr
        Atenveldt

      • mokurai
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
          I'd really appreciate a copy, too! Let me know privately if I may have one
          and I'll give you a snail-mail address if needed. Or postage compensation,
          if that would help.

          - mokurai

        • ellen.m.davis@att.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
            I, too, would like one, if you have any left. Please
            let me know privately.

            Hope this isn't becoming too demanding...

            Thanks,
            Ellen (of Ponte Alto, Atlantia)
            > I'd really appreciate a copy, too! Let me know privately if I may have one
            > and I'll give you a snail-mail address if needed. Or postage compensation,
            > if that would help.
            >
            > - mokurai

          • bewilderedart
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
              Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to email me their
              snailmail address; the copying costs and postage aren't so much I'd
              need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional copies if needed.
              My only request would be that people let me know if they have any
              suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used the patterns, since
              this is effectively a "beta" handout :)

              Thanks!

              Isabella/Oharu
            • Joyce Brown
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                most honorable lady,
                I would truely be honored to be allowed to use your
                wonderful patterns to enhance and futher my own
                knowledge...and would be privilaged to share my humble
                hints and ideas in return....

                Thank you in advance
                Lady Viola Carara
                violacarara@...

                --- bewilderedart <wildeman@...> wrote:
                > Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to
                > email me their
                > snailmail address; the copying costs and postage
                > aren't so much I'd
                > need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional
                > copies if needed.
                > My only request would be that people let me know if
                > they have any
                > suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used
                > the patterns, since
                > this is effectively a "beta" handout :)
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Isabella/Oharu

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
              • fuzzybunz2002
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                  Ohayou gozaimasu Oharu-dono,
                  O genki desu ka?

                  I was wondering if you knew of anyone who had done similar
                  work...but...for male garb...?? I have worked out patterns for kosode
                  and hakama and kataginu...well...edo period kataginu...<grin> but...I
                  would like to create an earlier period outfit...possibly Heian....BTW:
                  how does one pronounce that...Hey an....He i an....??? <grin>

                  If you have male patterns...or anyone else out there does...or hints
                  to alter the kosode....please let me know...

                  In service to the Dream,

                  Domo arigato gozaimasu...

                  Oumo no Matashichiro Michimoto

                  --- In sca-jml@y..., "bewilderedart" <wildeman@g...> wrote:
                  > Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to email me their
                  > snailmail address; the copying costs and postage aren't so much I'd
                  > need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional copies if
                  needed.
                  > My only request would be that people let me know if they have any
                  > suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used the patterns,
                  since
                  > this is effectively a "beta" handout :)
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Isabella/Oharu
                • Ii Saburou
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                    On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, fuzzybunz2002 wrote:

                    > Ohayou gozaimasu Oharu-dono,
                    > O genki desu ka?

                    Genki de gozaru.*

                    > I was wondering if you knew of anyone who had done similar
                    > work...but...for male garb...?? I have worked out patterns for kosode
                    > and hakama and kataginu...well...edo period kataginu...<grin> but...I
                    > would like to create an earlier period outfit...possibly Heian....BTW:
                    > how does one pronounce that...Hey an....He i an....??? <grin>

                    First, have you checked the 'Files' section on Yahoo!Groups->SCA-JML?

                    Go to http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/Garb.html and look at the men's
                    section. Find out what you want, and then you could start asking
                    questions to fill in what that doesn't tell you.

                    -Ii

                    *I'm well.
                  • fuzzybunz2002
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 5, 2002
                      > First, have you checked the 'Files' section on
                      Yahoo!Groups->SCA-JML?

                      > Go to http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/Garb.html and look at the
                      men's
                      > section. Find out what you want, and then you could start asking
                      > questions to fill in what that doesn't tell you.

                      <sheepish grin>

                      Oops....I forgot about those....<slinking away quietly....>

                      Thank you....!!
                    • Elaine P Hedrick
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 6, 2002
                        Hello,
                        I am a newbee who desperately wants out of loaner garb. Have chosen
                        Japan as my country but have not gotten much further as yet. I would
                        love to have a copy of the pattern and will be glad to give feedback
                        after using it.
                        snail mail
                        E Hedrick
                        419 New Woodruff Rd.