Women's Clothing patterns

  • taoofkim
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 24 5:15 PM
      I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
      bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
      on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
      you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
      still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
      Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
      advance!
      Kimiko
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 25 12:51 AM
        taoofkim wrote:

        > I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
        > bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
        > on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
        > you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
        > still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
        > Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
        > advance!

        Thank you!

        I think Fujiwara-dono has some things on her site
        (http://www.reconstructinghistory.com). Is there a particular period or
        class that you're interested in?

        Effingham
      • bewilderedart
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 28 7:58 PM
          --- In sca-jml@y..., "taoofkim" <TaoofKim@a...> wrote:
          > I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
          > bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
          > on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
          > you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
          > still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
          > Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
          > advance!

          I just taught a survey of Japanese women's garb at Estrella, and have
          several packets left over, so if you'd like me to I could send you
          one. It has patterns for the major components of women's garb, and
          suggestions for combinations for the various periods. I've had good
          luck with the patterns so far, though they could probably use some
          tweaking; I'm not quite the expert that Fujiwara-dono is, and since
          this is the first time I've taught the class, I haven't gotten any
          feedback yet on how useful the patterns have been.

          I may get it up on the web sometime, but the patterns are thus far
          handdrawn on graph paper, and not in anything approaching web-ready
          form, and my planned SCA-arts website is even further from readiness.

          Anyhow, if you email me your mailing address (or, if you're
          uncomfortable with that, the mailing address of your local SCA group)
          I'd be happy to mail it out. ;)

          Isabella Dati/Kobayashi Oharu
          (no, I don't post much :))
          <wildeman@...>
          House Leuwenberg
          Barony Tir Ysgithr
          Atenveldt
        • Elaine Koogler
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
            I would love to have a copy. While I've been doing this for many years, I always believe that I have a lot to learn!

            Kiri
            > I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
            > bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
            > on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
            > you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
            > still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
            > Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
            > advance!

            I just taught a survey of Japanese women's garb at Estrella, and have
            several packets left over, so if you'd like me to I could send you
            one. It has patterns for the major components of women's garb, and
            suggestions for combinations for the various periods. I've had good
            luck with the patterns so far, though they could probably use some
            tweaking; I'm not quite the expert that Fujiwara-dono is, and since
            this is the first time I've taught the class, I haven't gotten any
            feedback yet on how useful the patterns have been.

            I may get it up on the web sometime, but the patterns are thus far
            handdrawn on graph paper, and not in anything approaching web-ready
            form, and my planned SCA-arts website is even further from readiness.

            Anyhow, if you email me your mailing address (or, if you're
            uncomfortable with that, the mailing address of your local SCA group)
            I'd be happy to mail it out. ;)

            Isabella Dati/Kobayashi Oharu
            (no, I don't post much :))
            <wildeman@...>
            House Leuwenberg
            Barony Tir Ysgithr
            Atenveldt

          • mokurai
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
              I'd really appreciate a copy, too! Let me know privately if I may have one
              and I'll give you a snail-mail address if needed. Or postage compensation,
              if that would help.

              - mokurai

            • ellen.m.davis@att.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                I, too, would like one, if you have any left. Please
                let me know privately.

                Hope this isn't becoming too demanding...

                Thanks,
                Ellen (of Ponte Alto, Atlantia)
                > I'd really appreciate a copy, too! Let me know privately if I may have one
                > and I'll give you a snail-mail address if needed. Or postage compensation,
                > if that would help.
                >
                > - mokurai

              • bewilderedart
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                  Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to email me their
                  snailmail address; the copying costs and postage aren't so much I'd
                  need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional copies if needed.
                  My only request would be that people let me know if they have any
                  suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used the patterns, since
                  this is effectively a "beta" handout :)

                  Thanks!

                  Isabella/Oharu
                • Joyce Brown
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                    most honorable lady,
                    I would truely be honored to be allowed to use your
                    wonderful patterns to enhance and futher my own
                    knowledge...and would be privilaged to share my humble
                    hints and ideas in return....

                    Thank you in advance
                    Lady Viola Carara
                    violacarara@...

                    --- bewilderedart <wildeman@...> wrote:
                    > Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to
                    > email me their
                    > snailmail address; the copying costs and postage
                    > aren't so much I'd
                    > need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional
                    > copies if needed.
                    > My only request would be that people let me know if
                    > they have any
                    > suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used
                    > the patterns, since
                    > this is effectively a "beta" handout :)
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > Isabella/Oharu

                    http://greetings.yahoo.com
                  • fuzzybunz2002
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                      Ohayou gozaimasu Oharu-dono,
                      O genki desu ka?

                      I was wondering if you knew of anyone who had done similar
                      work...but...for male garb...?? I have worked out patterns for kosode
                      and hakama and kataginu...well...edo period kataginu...<grin> but...I
                      would like to create an earlier period outfit...possibly Heian....BTW:
                      how does one pronounce that...Hey an....He i an....??? <grin>

                      If you have male patterns...or anyone else out there does...or hints
                      to alter the kosode....please let me know...

                      In service to the Dream,

                      Domo arigato gozaimasu...

                      Oumo no Matashichiro Michimoto

                      --- In sca-jml@y..., "bewilderedart" <wildeman@g...> wrote:
                      > Anyone at all who would like a copy is welcome to email me their
                      > snailmail address; the copying costs and postage aren't so much I'd
                      > need compensation, and I'm happy to make additional copies if
                      needed.
                      > My only request would be that people let me know if they have any
                      > suggestions or critiques once they've read it/used the patterns,
                      since
                      > this is effectively a "beta" handout :)
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Isabella/Oharu
                    • Ii Saburou
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
                        On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, fuzzybunz2002 wrote:

                        > Ohayou gozaimasu Oharu-dono,
                        > O genki desu ka?

                        Genki de gozaru.*

                        > I was wondering if you knew of anyone who had done similar
                        > work...but...for male garb...?? I have worked out patterns for kosode
                        > and hakama and kataginu...well...edo period kataginu...<grin> but...I
                        > would like to create an earlier period outfit...possibly Heian....BTW:
                        > how does one pronounce that...Hey an....He i an....??? <grin>

                        First, have you checked the 'Files' section on Yahoo!Groups->SCA-JML?

                        Go to http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/Garb.html and look at the men's
                        section. Find out what you want, and then you could start asking
                        questions to fill in what that doesn't tell you.

                        -Ii

                        *I'm well.
                      • fuzzybunz2002
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 5, 2002
                          > First, have you checked the 'Files' section on
                          Yahoo!Groups->SCA-JML?

                          > Go to http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/Garb.html and look at the
                          men's
                          > section. Find out what you want, and then you could start asking
                          > questions to fill in what that doesn't tell you.

                          <sheepish grin>

                          Oops....I forgot about those....<slinking away quietly....>

                          Thank you....!!
                        • Elaine P Hedrick
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 6, 2002
                            Hello,
                            I am a newbee who desperately wants out of loaner garb. Have chosen
                            Japan as my country but have not gotten much further as yet. I would
                            love to have a copy of the pattern and will be glad to give feedback
                            after using it.
                            snail mail
                            E Hedrick
                            419 New Woodruff Rd.