Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Hrrm How Far is Quebec

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2002
      well on both the awards ive recieved they had oriental
      style brush paintings or a japanese themed painting
      with japaneseish looking caracters and a english
      version on the back or as a seperate piece of paper. i
      have to say im was tickled pink on both the aoa and
      purple fret that someone took the time to make them at
      least look japanese.

      that having being said i would love to actually have
      the proper japanese and a translation. I guess before
      looking into what the wording is for various awards
      and trying to do a translation with my ohhhhh so rusty
      japanese...... i should ask has anyone tried this
      before??? i imagine it shouldnt be too hard to hunt
      down the awards wording, but has anyone done
      translations and/or compliled them?? anything at all
      would be interesting from any kingdom, but especially
      midrealm awards/ translations would be helpful.( since
      thats where i hail from)

      i guess i should say my shodo is nothing to brag
      about, and i have no idea of the volume of awards that
      are given out to japanese personas here, but having
      them in japanese would be quite supurb. i for one
      would be willing to do as many as i can. atleast it
      would be a start. right??

      as for being able to read it.... well for one thing
      evenif you cant read kanji most japanese personas
      recognize kanji and hirigana vs fake letters. that
      alone would mean quite a bit. second, if i had a piece
      in kanji a translation and my dictionary you can bet
      i would work till i could read it. i mean what an
      incentive to learn!!

      so any suggestion on wordings and translations???

      -kiyohara

      http://greetings.yahoo.com