Re: [SCA-JML] OT - San Francisco

  • Rosemary Norwood
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
      On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 08:59:29AM -0500, Elsyr wrote:
      > Kiri-dono:
      >
      > Unfortunately all travel arrangements have to be made through our corporate
      > travel services, and they managed to get us from Jacksonville, FL to SF (flying
      > in to Oakland, actually) for under $300 without a weekend stay over. I was
      > surprised that the airfares were that low without a weekend, but at that price,
      > 2 additional nights in a San Francisco hotel would cost more than the ticket.
      > :-( However, since SF (unlike Jacksonville) is a _real_ city in which the
      > sidewalks do not roll up magically at sun down, I am thinking that many of the
      > shops I will want to check out will be open in the evening hours during the
      > week. I got a hint from a friend the other day about a fabric store in Union
      > Square called Britex ... four floors of nothing but bolts of fabric and
      > notions. That should kill a few hours, at least. :-)
      >
      > Sakurakawa

      Yes, it is California. Sensibly, most stores are open until 8 pm,
      especially those in the strip malls. Don't forget to stop in somewhere
      for Sushi, CA sushi in price and taste cannot be beat. Unfortunately, I
      only know restaurants to recommend in the San Jose or Mountain View
      areas. If you'll be in that vicinity let me know and I will endeavour to
      recommend.

      Rosemary