Re: [SCA-JML] Glorious News!

  • Grim Shieldsson
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
      Neon paisley with gold lame armor.

      > Don Walli wrote:
      >
      > > Ohayogozaimasu! (Hope I tranliterated that right...)
      > >
      > > I have a piece of news to share with everyone. It gives me
      > tremendous
      > > pleasure to tell the list that Hiraizumi-sensei (Master Edward of
      > > Effingham) was placed on vigil for the Order of the Laurel at the
      > Festival
      > > of Maidens for his research, knowledge, and sharing of his
      > knowledge of
      > > many, many things Japanese!
      > >
      > > I wish I could say it better, but congratulations to Edward on this
      > long-
      > > and well-deserved recognition of the qualities that we here on
      > SCA-JML have
      > > known of and enjoyed for so very long. Huzzah! Vivat!
      >
      > Arigataki shiawase!
      >
      > In fine "oh yeah back atcha take that!" mode, this time it was
      > Munenori-dono's
      > turn to be in on *my* zapping. I guess no evil deed goes un karma-ed.
      > <G>
      >
      > I'm thinking about doing the elevation in Norse just to mess with
      > peoples'
      > minds. <G>
      >
      > Seriously, I'm trying to decide between High Heian Courtier, Heian
      > "Little
      > Armour", Sengoku armour, or Sengoku daimyo type thingie. Or maybe
      > *as* Edward
      > in a spiffy new houpelande. Any suggestions?
      >

      > Effingham

      =====
      Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
      Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
      Barbarian Freehold Alliance
      Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
      --Kyle Chandler

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
        Markejag@... wrote:

        > Congrats to Baron Edward!
        >
        > Much deserved and appreciated. Welcome to the Order.
        > BTW are you going to change your name?

        Thank you! I was thinking of changing it to Hrafn Eriksson.... <G>

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
          Grim Shieldsson wrote:

          > Neon paisley with gold lame armor.

          A bit understated for an elevation, don't you think? <G>

          Effingham
        • kujika@aol.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
            it's about time

          • Ron Martino
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
              > Seriously, I'm trying to decide between High Heian Courtier, Heian "Little
              > Armour", Sengoku armour, or Sengoku daimyo type thingie. Or maybe *as* Edward
              > in a spiffy new houpelande. Any suggestions?
              >
              > Effingham

              Wear the houpelande, have the ceremony in Nihongo...

              --

              yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
            • Ron Martino
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
                > Heck, sake is in order if you just cut the grass!! <G>
                >
                > Effingham

                Sake is in order if someone else is cutting the grass...

                --

                yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
                  kujika@... wrote:

                  > it's about time

                  It's about space... it's about people in...

                  oh, sorry, I was having a 60's sitcom flashback. <G>

                  Thanks, Kuji-dono!

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
                    Ron Martino wrote:

                    > > Seriously, I'm trying to decide between High Heian Courtier, Heian "Little
                    > > Armour", Sengoku armour, or Sengoku daimyo type thingie. Or maybe *as* Edward
                    > > in a spiffy new houpelande. Any suggestions?
                    > >
                    > > Effingham
                    >
                    > Wear the houpelande, have the ceremony in Nihongo...

                    Oh, *that* would burst some heads, wouldn't it? <G>

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 28, 2002
                      Ron Martino wrote:

                      > > Heck, sake is in order if you just cut the grass!! <G>
                      > >
                      > > Effingham
                      >
                      > Sake is in order if someone else is cutting the grass...

                      To be honest, sake is in order if one is breathing. <G>

                      Effingham
                    • Grim Shieldsson
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 29, 2002
                        You have a point. I saw some electric yellow and green check that
                        would go well with the neon paisley. Shoes.. 3 ft geta would work.

                        =====

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 29, 2002
                          Grim Shieldsson wrote:

                          > You have a point. I saw some electric yellow and green check that
                          > would go well with the neon paisley. Shoes.. 3 ft geta would work.

                          NOW yer talkin'.

                          Effingponcy
                        • Elaine Koogler
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 29, 2002
                            Sounds like a plan to me. I was given mine while wearing early Saxon garb!!
                            Someone was supposed to have my Japanese court garb there for me to wear for
                            the elevation, but it didn't show up!

                            And my scroll was read in Japanese.....actually an antiphonal reading
                            between a good friend reading in Japanese and the Court herald reading the
                            English version.

                            Kiri
                            > Seriously, I'm trying to decide between High Heian Courtier, Heian
                            "Little
                            > Armour", Sengoku armour, or Sengoku daimyo type thingie. Or maybe *as*
                            Edward
                            > in a spiffy new houpelande. Any suggestions?
                            >
                            > Effingham

                            Wear the houpelande, have the ceremony in Nihongo...

                            --

                            yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          • Grim Shieldsson
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 29, 2002
                              Put some eel skin on those geta too. Maybe some nice leopard skin
                              laces to keep them on....

                              =====