Re: [SCA-JML] Can someone help me?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2002
      Marc Choronzey wrote:

      > Konichiwa O honorable mailing list.
      >
      > Can someone help me with this translation?
      >
      > "Good evening Honored teacher, I am glad to participate in your class"
      >
      > I'm starting my japanese classes tonight, yeah!

      Try: "Konbanwa sensei. Tadaima sanjou tskamatsuri sourou!"

      Unless you teacher has ever taken classical Japanese or *is* Japanese, he
      won't have an idea what you've said. <G>

      Effingham
    • Marc Choronzey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2002
        Okagesamade.

        BTW he IS japanese. :o)

        -Shimaha.

        > Can someone help me with this translation?
        >
        > "Good evening Honored teacher, I am glad to participate in your class"
        >
        > I'm starting my japanese classes tonight, yeah!

        Try: "Konbanwa sensei. Tadaima sanjou tskamatsuri sourou!"

        Unless you teacher has ever taken classical Japanese or *is* Japanese, he
        won't have an idea what you've said. <G>

      • James Eckman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2002
          > From: "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@...>
          > Marc Choronzey wrote:
          >
          > > "Good evening Honored teacher, I am glad to participate in your class"
          >
          > Try: "Konbanwa sensei. Tadaima sanjou tskamatsuri sourou!"
          >
          > Unless you teacher has ever taken classical Japanese or *is* Japanese, he
          > won't have an idea what you've said. <G>

          Or they'll say something along the lines of bakateinei or something
          stronger ;) It's always great fun to bring up jidai-geki phrases in
          class!

          > BTW he IS japanese. :o)

          The best kind of Japanese teacher usually ;)

          Jim Eckman