Re: Noushi experience

  • andreahg2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2002
      > Well, this Saturday I actually tried out the new noushi I have been
      > working on at Atlantia's .xii. Night, and I thought some people
      might be
      > interested in how it went.

      I'm so sorry I missed you. I would have loved to see some beautiful
      Japanese clothes. We got there just in time to play with the seige
      engines, then do a shift at our Shire's fundraising merchant table
      until court. Please post the pictures when you can!

      Nadeshiko
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2002
        You know, I saw you at Twelfth Night...your outfit looked great!  I thought that might be you, but wasn't sure...and every time I started to come over and introduce myself, something else "flew loose"...it was a VERY busy day.  When you run an event, even when your staff is really great, you just don't get to do all the stuff you want to do!!  I didn't even get to check out the merchants.   (I was the very busy person with the red and white sideless surcoat running around like a headless chicken!)

        But hopefully, I'll see you at a future event and can chat with you then.   Thanks for coming....hope you enjoyed yourself!!

        Kiri

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2002
          On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Elaine Koogler wrote:

          > You know, I saw you at Twelfth Night...your outfit looked great! I thought
          > that might be you, but wasn't sure...and every time I started to come over
          > and introduce myself, something else "flew loose"...it was a VERY busy day.
          > When you run an event, even when your staff is really great, you just don't
          > get to do all the stuff you want to do!! I didn't even get to check out the
          > merchants. (I was the very busy person with the red and white sideless
          > surcoat running around like a headless chicken!)
          >
          > But hopefully, I'll see you at a future event and can chat with you then.
          > Thanks for coming....hope you enjoyed yourself!!

          Oh I did, and I kept meaning to find you as well. Sigh, such is life.
          Someday we will come to the slopes of Afusaka*.

          I usually gravitate towards herald's point if I'm not fighting or offering
          to help in the kitchen (unfortunately a noushi is hardly 'kitchen work'
          garb or I would have offered).

          -Ii
        • Elaine Koogler
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2002
            I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you'll come to visit us in Dun Carraig again!  We are having our next event on April 13, and it will involve some very interesting rapier and heavy scenarios, along with archery and, I think, thrown weapons.  My brand new apprentice and her fiance will be doing the feast, which will have an English theme.

            Kiri