Re: [SCA-JML] Re: helms and armor

  • Ron Martino
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
      Grim Shieldsson wrote:

      > That's because I answered the email regarding helms.... *SIGH*

      So let's try again -

      This is the mailing list for SCA Japanese, and this gentleman wants
      access to Japanese helms and other armor.

      Who can help?

      --

      yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
    • Tylar A. Umeno
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
        IIRC, there was a post a few months ago suggesting
        http://www.bokalosarmoury.com/ as a good place to buy a kabuto (sp). It's
        in the group message history. There is a "Japanese with Corded Lames"
        listed for $175 under the painted helms link.

        In Service,
        Akiyo

        > > That's because I answered the email regarding helms.... *SIGH*
        >
        > So let's try again -
        >
        > This is the mailing list for SCA Japanese, and this gentleman wants
        > access to Japanese helms and other armor.
        >
        > Who can help?
        >
        > --
        >
        > yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com

      • yamashiro_kato
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 21, 2001
          --- In sca-jml@y..., "shadow4549" <blackwolf59@q...> wrote:
          > I am new to the sca and am looking for information on who and where
          > get an appropriate helm. Any type of help would be greatly
          > appreciated. I am also on a college student budget.
          > What is the best way to get into a suit of armor?

          If you are looking for Japanese style, Otoshi might be able to help
          you. He is flexible with price. If you are interested, contact me
          (yamashiro_kato@...) and I will pass along his information.

          He guided me on my helm, which you can see in this Yahoo Groups photo
          page. I did the armor though. Again, if you are interested, let me
          know. We are flexible.

          -YK
        • Jamie Norwood
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2001
            On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:04:33PM -0000, yamashiro_kato wrote:
            > --- In sca-jml@y..., "shadow4549" <blackwolf59@q...> wrote:
            > > I am new to the sca and am looking for information on who and where
            > > get an appropriate helm. Any type of help would be greatly
            > > appreciated. I am also on a college student budget.
            > > What is the best way to get into a suit of armor?
            >
            > If you are looking for Japanese style, Otoshi might be able to help
            > you. He is flexible with price. If you are interested, contact me
            > (yamashiro_kato@...) and I will pass along his information.
            >
            > He guided me on my helm, which you can see in this Yahoo Groups photo
            > page. I did the armor though. Again, if you are interested, let me
            > know. We are flexible.

            I'm quite interested. :)

            jamie