Re: [SCA-JML] Re: helms and armor

  • Grim Shieldsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
      That's because I answered the email regarding helms.... *SIGH*

      --- Ron Martino <yumitori@...> wrote:
      > Grim Shieldsson wrote:
      > >
      > > www.ashcraftbaker.com.. sorry.. I have a mind like a steel trap...
      > > (I'll leave the obvious comments to Collum... )
      >
      > Hmmm, I looked at their site, but didn't see any kabuto.
      >
      > --
      >
      > yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com

      =====
      Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
      Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
      Barbarian Freehold Alliance
      Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
      --Kyle Chandler

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
        Grim Shieldsson wrote:

        > That's because I answered the email regarding helms.... *SIGH*

        So let's try again -

        This is the mailing list for SCA Japanese, and this gentleman wants
        access to Japanese helms and other armor.

        Who can help?

        --

        yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
      • Tylar A. Umeno
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
          IIRC, there was a post a few months ago suggesting
          http://www.bokalosarmoury.com/ as a good place to buy a kabuto (sp). It's
          in the group message history. There is a "Japanese with Corded Lames"
          listed for $175 under the painted helms link.

          In Service,
          Akiyo

          > > That's because I answered the email regarding helms.... *SIGH*
          >
          > So let's try again -
          >
          > This is the mailing list for SCA Japanese, and this gentleman wants
          > access to Japanese helms and other armor.
          >
          > Who can help?
          >
          > --
          >
          > yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com

        • yamashiro_kato
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2001
            --- In sca-jml@y..., "shadow4549" <blackwolf59@q...> wrote:
            > I am new to the sca and am looking for information on who and where
            > get an appropriate helm. Any type of help would be greatly
            > appreciated. I am also on a college student budget.
            > What is the best way to get into a suit of armor?

            If you are looking for Japanese style, Otoshi might be able to help
            you. He is flexible with price. If you are interested, contact me
            (yamashiro_kato@...) and I will pass along his information.

            He guided me on my helm, which you can see in this Yahoo Groups photo
            page. I did the armor though. Again, if you are interested, let me
            know. We are flexible.

            -YK
          • Jamie Norwood
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2001
              On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:04:33PM -0000, yamashiro_kato wrote:
              > --- In sca-jml@y..., "shadow4549" <blackwolf59@q...> wrote:
              > > I am new to the sca and am looking for information on who and where
              > > get an appropriate helm. Any type of help would be greatly
              > > appreciated. I am also on a college student budget.
              > > What is the best way to get into a suit of armor?
              >
              > If you are looking for Japanese style, Otoshi might be able to help
              > you. He is flexible with price. If you are interested, contact me
              > (yamashiro_kato@...) and I will pass along his information.
              >
              > He guided me on my helm, which you can see in this Yahoo Groups photo
              > page. I did the armor though. Again, if you are interested, let me
              > know. We are flexible.

              I'm quite interested. :)

              jamie