Re: [SCA-JML] Re: procedure and attitude

  • Grim Shieldsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
      That's probably a custom. In Atenveldt, it doesn't matter.. you go up
      as is.

      --- chagin1 <chagin1@...> wrote:
      > --- In sca-jml@y..., Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@y...> wrote:
      > > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you
      > wear
      > > your steel when called up.
      >
      > Doesn't it also depend on your "rank"? An "award of arms" can be
      > held to imply that you can bear arms, and I haven't seen Patents or
      > Grants of Arms divest themselves of weaponry (although most with whom
      >
      > I'm acquainted do not wear huge amounts at court - they've been in
      > long enough that the novelty seems to have worn off seomwhat).
      >
      > - seamus/jutte

      =====
      Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
      Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
      Barbarian Freehold Alliance
      Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
      --Kyle Chandler

      or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com