Re: procedure and attitude

  • chagin1
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
      --- In sca-jml@y..., Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@y...> wrote:
      > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you
      wear
      > your steel when called up.

      Doesn't it also depend on your "rank"? An "award of arms" can be
      held to imply that you can bear arms, and I haven't seen Patents or
      Grants of Arms divest themselves of weaponry (although most with whom
      I'm acquainted do not wear huge amounts at court - they've been in
      long enough that the novelty seems to have worn off seomwhat).

      - seamus/jutte
    • Grim Shieldsson
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
        That's probably a custom. In Atenveldt, it doesn't matter.. you go up
        as is.

        --- chagin1 <chagin1@...> wrote:
        > --- In sca-jml@y..., Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@y...> wrote:
        > > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you
        > wear
        > > your steel when called up.
        >
        > Doesn't it also depend on your "rank"? An "award of arms" can be
        > held to imply that you can bear arms, and I haven't seen Patents or
        > Grants of Arms divest themselves of weaponry (although most with whom
        >
        > I'm acquainted do not wear huge amounts at court - they've been in
        > long enough that the novelty seems to have worn off seomwhat).
        >
        > - seamus/jutte

        =====
        Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
        Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
        Barbarian Freehold Alliance
        Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
        --Kyle Chandler

        or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com