RE: [SCA-JML] Re: procedure and attitude

  • Carl Grasso
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2001
      that's what i was thinking. here in the east it is custom to remove the steel. though i've seen
      people make a big deal of keeping their sword, even refusing to enter the royal presence without
      their permission to keep the blade.
      -seiryu

      --- Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@...> wrote:
      > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you wear
      > your steel when called up.

      =====
      http://www.dharmacats.com

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • chagin1
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
        --- In sca-jml@y..., Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@y...> wrote:
        > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you
        wear
        > your steel when called up.

        Doesn't it also depend on your "rank"? An "award of arms" can be
        held to imply that you can bear arms, and I haven't seen Patents or
        Grants of Arms divest themselves of weaponry (although most with whom
        I'm acquainted do not wear huge amounts at court - they've been in
        long enough that the novelty seems to have worn off seomwhat).

        - seamus/jutte
      • Grim Shieldsson
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
          That's probably a custom. In Atenveldt, it doesn't matter.. you go up
          as is.

          --- chagin1 <chagin1@...> wrote:
          > --- In sca-jml@y..., Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@y...> wrote:
          > > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you
          > wear
          > > your steel when called up.
          >
          > Doesn't it also depend on your "rank"? An "award of arms" can be
          > held to imply that you can bear arms, and I haven't seen Patents or
          > Grants of Arms divest themselves of weaponry (although most with whom
          >
          > I'm acquainted do not wear huge amounts at court - they've been in
          > long enough that the novelty seems to have worn off seomwhat).
          >
          > - seamus/jutte

          =====
          Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
          Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
          Barbarian Freehold Alliance
          Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
          --Kyle Chandler

          or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com