RE: [SCA-JML] Re: procedure and attitude

  • Grim Shieldsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2001
      To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you wear
      your steel when called up.

      --- mokurai <mokurai@...> wrote:
      > Typically, you are expected to divest yourself of all steel before
      > entering
      > the presence of the Royals. So you can wear what you want, but if you
      > are
      > called up, you have to leave it behind. Some folks make a show of
      > removing
      > the weapons and ceremoniously placing them on the floor or some such.
      > It's
      > easier to just hand them to a friend. I don't think people worry as
      > much
      > about things like eating daggers, though.
      >
      > - mokurai

      =====
      Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
      Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
      Barbarian Freehold Alliance
      Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
      --Kyle Chandler

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Carl Grasso
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2001
        that's what i was thinking. here in the east it is custom to remove the steel. though i've seen
        people make a big deal of keeping their sword, even refusing to enter the royal presence without
        their permission to keep the blade.
        -seiryu

        --- Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@...> wrote:
        > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you wear
        > your steel when called up.

        =====
        http://www.dharmacats.com

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • chagin1
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
          --- In sca-jml@y..., Grim Shieldsson <grimshieldsson@y...> wrote:
          > To be more precise.. it depends on the kingdom.. in Atenveldt you
          wear
          > your steel when called up.

          Doesn't it also depend on your "rank"? An "award of arms" can be
          held to imply that you can bear arms, and I haven't seen Patents or
          Grants of Arms divest themselves of weaponry (although most with whom
          I'm acquainted do not wear huge amounts at court - they've been in
          long enough that the novelty seems to have worn off seomwhat).

          - seamus/jutte
        • Grim Shieldsson
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 13, 2001
            That's probably a custom. In Atenveldt, it doesn't matter.. you go up
            as is.

            =====

            or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com