Re: obi

  • vodican
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
      There is no need to wear an obi if you are wearing hakamas. The belt
      of the hakama will hold everything together. Are you refering to
      anouther type of out fit? If so what.

      Hideyoshi Yoshimitsu no Ju-hachi-i

      > On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Rob wrote:
      >
      > > questions, what is the appropriate way to wear an obi with a
      Kataginu

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2001
        Semester ended... able to breathe at last... catching up on e-mails.

        vodican wrote:

        > There is no need to wear an obi if you are wearing hakamas. The belt
        > of the hakama will hold everything together. Are you refering to
        > anouther type of out fit? If so what.

        Well, actually, yes, you *do* wear an obi. It's what holds the kosode closed
        before you put the hakama on and after you take it off.