Re: [SCA-JML] Event question for Atlantians

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
      We had planned to go, but it turns out that we're having a serious attack of
      reality...my lord Phillip is going to be out of town for about a month and a half,
      and this weekend is one when he will be home...but has to fly out to California on
      Sunday...so we've changed our plans. I'm really sorry...I'd love to meet you!!

      Kiri

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
        Be sure to look me up and introduce yourself at Twelfth Night. I'll be the rather
        frazzled autocrat running in circles trying to "herd cats".

        Kiri

        Ii Saburou wrote:

        > Alas and alack, I have prior commitments. The next event I can attend
        > will probably be Twelfth Night (Jyuuni-ban? Perfect event to see a
        > Jyuu-ni-hitoe!).
        >
        > -Ii
        >
        > On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 ellen.m.davis@... wrote:
        >
        > > Are any of the Atlantians on this list planning to
        > > attend the Masked Ball in Caer Mear next Saturday?
        > >
        > > I will be there (my first event! yay!) but not in
        > > Japanese garb (although I do have a few plain-colored
        > > yukata I could wear as kosode a la late Muromachi/very
        > > early Edo, I suppose...)
        > >
        > > Ellen D.
        > > > there was a really awful space opera that was based on Seven Samurai, but I
        > > > can't remember it's name at the moment...it had "John Boy Walton" in
        > > > it......and a space ship that looked like a woman's reproductive organs!!!
        > > >
        > > > Kiri

        > > > --
        > > > Elaine Koogler
        > > >
        > > > "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"
        > > >
        > > > -- Kosh

        Elaine Koogler

        "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

        -- Kosh
      • Ii Saburou
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
          On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Elaine Koogler wrote:

          > Be sure to look me up and introduce yourself at Twelfth Night. I'll be the rather
          > frazzled autocrat running in circles trying to "herd cats".

          If you need help, let me know. I usually try to get to events early and
          help out if I can.

          -Ii
        • Ellen Davis
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
            Well, I should be at Twelfth Night also (sounds really exciting!) so I
            will see you there. If there's anything I can do to help out, let me
            know!

            Ellen

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > --
            > > Elaine Koogler
            > >
            > > "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the
            bristles"

            > > -- Kosh

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            Elaine Koogler

            "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

            -- Kosh

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Tylar A. Umeno
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
              That event would be beyond my radius of travel for day events. *scratches
              head* Dunno when I'll be going to an event in Atlantia again seeing as I'm
              going home for the holidays . Have fun and say hi to Michael Limner, he'll
              be running the Crab and Coin (gaming table) and has an interest in Japanese
              culture.

              Akiyo

            • andrea@gideonfamily.org
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2001
                --- In sca-jml@y..., ellen.m.davis@a... wrote:
                > Are any of the Atlantians on this list planning to
                > attend the Masked Ball in Caer Mear next Saturday?
                >
                > I will be there (my first event! yay!) but not in
                > Japanese garb (although I do have a few plain-colored
                > yukata I could wear as kosode a la late Muromachi/very
                > early Edo, I suppose...)
                >
                > Ellen D.

                We have been to the Masked Ball several times and it's a fun event.
                This year it falls on the same date as my husband's company party.
                We'll be a 12th Night, also, but not in Japanese. I'm already too
                pregnant to look good in Heian. I thought I would be able to wear it
                for most of my pregnancy, but the layers just don't lay right.

                Nadshiko