Re: [SCA-JML] seven samurai question

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
      there was a really awful space opera that was based on Seven Samurai, but I
      can't remember it's name at the moment...it had "John Boy Walton" in
      it......and a space ship that looked like a woman's reproductive organs!!!

      Kiri

      Cameron Slayden wrote:

      > wasn't there a russian movie or something that the seven samurai was based
      > on? i'm thinking of holding a viewing of all the movies in the series:
      >
      > the precursor movie that inspired the seven samurai (if it exists)
      > the seven samurai
      > the magnificent seven
      > the three amigos
      > a bug's life
      >
      > anybody who lives in the DC area is welcome, once i get ahold of all the
      > movies.
      >
      > -c

      Elaine Koogler

      "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

      -- Kosh
    • mokurai
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
        Battle Beyond the Stars - I think someone already mentioned it.

        Here's the write-up...

        http://us.imdb.com/Title?0080421

        My favourite was the bad-buy mutants. You know scenes from this opus have
        appeared in about a dozen other low-budget films that just found it easier
        to paste in the space ships rather than animate their own.

        - mokurai (movie addict)

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
          Sorry about repeating information others had posted. I was away and the
          Mid-Realm Cooks' Symposium this weekend, and had a huge batch of messages
          waiting for me. But yes, that's the one!

          Kiri the Absentminded