Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Recovery of a ship from the Mongol Invasion

  • Nate Ledbetter
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@...> wrote:
      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access
      > to NHK satellite
      > feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly
      > simple matter.
      > It does require lots of video tape.

      That is, in fact, the problem. Not having access to
      NHK satellite feed in the huge urban center known as
      Kentucky, I am Pucky out of Luck.

      Shonaigawa

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
        From: "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@...>
        You got videotapes?

        (He asked hopefully...considering one of the areas he's looking at for a
        dissertation is on the Mongol Invasion...)

        I'll have to check if I taped that one or not.

        Jim Eckman
      • James Eckman
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
          From: Nate Ledbetter <ltdomer98@...>
          >DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE TAIGA DRAMA???????

          Yes, but if I'm home, I don't tape them.

          I think the local Japanese video shop has them, but I only have one
          deck, so I have no method of copying.

          >Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access to NHK satellite
          feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly simple matter.
          It does require lots of video tape.

          Yes, I think it's up to episode 30 or so with another 20 or more to go.
          50 hours of jidai-geki! Of course in Japan it might be over already.

          Jim Eckman
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
            James Eckman wrote:

            > From: Nate Ledbetter <ltdomer98@...>
            > >DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE TAIGA DRAMA???????
            >
            > Yes, but if I'm home, I don't tape them.
            >
            > I think the local Japanese video shop has them, but I only have one
            > deck, so I have no method of copying.
            >
            > >Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access to NHK satellite
            > feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly simple matter.
            > It does require lots of video tape.
            >
            > Yes, I think it's up to episode 30 or so with another 20 or more to go.
            > 50 hours of jidai-geki! Of course in Japan it might be over already.

            It will end in another few month. It runs from early January through
            December.

            So... why do you only have one deck? <G>

            Tony