Tale of Genji and other Atlantia stuff

  • logan@modzer0.cs.uaf.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Just a reminder for those who were interested, Royall Taylor is
      giving a lecture on the Tale of Genji this month, Thursday, Nov 15
      (http://residentassociates.org/rap/otonov/genji.asp). It starts at
      6pm, and you have to purchase tickets, if any are still available.

      I hope to be able to make it, but I am unsure whether I'll be able to
      be there or not. There is a naginata-do seminar in New York that
      weekend and that Thursday is the last practice, so I have to talk it
      over with some people tonight.

      My apologies for not replying to other mail on this topic earlier--I
      have VERY limited e-mail access at the moment; I am not getting to
      read much on the list, so please send any personal notes to
      tatsushu@... or logan@....

      Finally, for those in and around the DC area, I was inspired by
      Mokurai-boshi and am wondering if people would like to get together
      for an 'Asian Night' once a month to meet face to face and discuss
      items of interest.

      If you are interested in something like that--perhaps meeting on a
      Wednesday evening?--please contact me at the addresses above.

      -Ii
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        Unfortunately it looks as though I will not be able to go. Between being
        unemployed for over 6 months now and the uncertainty of where I'll be at that
        point, I just can't make it...much to my deep regret!

        I hope many of you can attend...let us know how it turns out!

        Kiri