Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Recovery of a ship from the Mongol Invasion

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2001
      James Eckman wrote:

      > > From: "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@...>
      > > Subject: Recovery of a ship from the Mongol Invasion
      > >
      > > There is a recovery underway of the wreckage (the bits and pieces, really)
      > > from one of the Mongol ships used in the 1281 invasion of Japan. So far,
      > > there's nothing really to write home about, but the link to a short article
      > > in Japanese is:
      > >
      > > http://www.asahi.com/culture/bunka/K2001102000081.html
      >
      > Omoshirokatta. They just showed the the invasion on Hojo Tokimune. It
      > was a bit too much like D-Day though to be believable. I started looking
      > around for Tom Hanks ;) The ships are really cool though!

      You got videotapes?

      (He asked hopefully...considering one of the areas he's looking at for a
      dissertation is on the Mongol Invasion...)

      Effingham
    • Nate Ledbetter
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
        > Omoshirokatta. They just showed the the invasion on
        > Hojo Tokimune. It
        > was a bit too much like D-Day though to be
        > believable. I started looking
        > around for Tom Hanks ;) The ships are really cool
        > though!
        >
        > Jim Eckman

        DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE TAIGA DRAMA???????

        OH my lord, all the buddhas and boddhisattvas, I would
        become your servant forever to have access to them.
        You don't have it on tape, do you? Tommu Hanksu or no
        Tommu Hanksu...

        Shonaigawa

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
          Noble Cousins!

          Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access to NHK satellite
          feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly simple matter.
          It does require lots of video tape.

          | techie.com, msn.com |
        • Nate Ledbetter
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
            --- Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@...> wrote:
            > Noble Cousins!
            >
            > Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access
            > to NHK satellite
            > feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly
            > simple matter.
            > It does require lots of video tape.

            That is, in fact, the problem. Not having access to
            NHK satellite feed in the huge urban center known as
            Kentucky, I am Pucky out of Luck.

            Shonaigawa

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • James Eckman
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
              From: "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@...>
              You got videotapes?

              (He asked hopefully...considering one of the areas he's looking at for a
              dissertation is on the Mongol Invasion...)

              I'll have to check if I taped that one or not.

              Jim Eckman
            • James Eckman
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
                From: Nate Ledbetter <ltdomer98@...>
                >DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE TAIGA DRAMA???????

                Yes, but if I'm home, I don't tape them.

                I think the local Japanese video shop has them, but I only have one
                deck, so I have no method of copying.

                >Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access to NHK satellite
                feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly simple matter.
                It does require lots of video tape.

                Yes, I think it's up to episode 30 or so with another 20 or more to go.
                50 hours of jidai-geki! Of course in Japan it might be over already.

                Jim Eckman
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
                  James Eckman wrote:

                  > From: Nate Ledbetter <ltdomer98@...>
                  > >DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE TAIGA DRAMA???????
                  >
                  > Yes, but if I'm home, I don't tape them.
                  >
                  > I think the local Japanese video shop has them, but I only have one
                  > deck, so I have no method of copying.
                  >
                  > >Greetings from Solveig! Does anyone here have access to NHK satellite
                  > feed? If so, recording the Taiga dramas is a fairly simple matter.
                  > It does require lots of video tape.
                  >
                  > Yes, I think it's up to episode 30 or so with another 20 or more to go.
                  > 50 hours of jidai-geki! Of course in Japan it might be over already.

                  It will end in another few month. It runs from early January through
                  December.

                  So... why do you only have one deck? <G>

                  Tony