Re: [SCA-JML] Greetings!

  • Ash Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2001
      For my blade, I made it so that standing straight, and leaving my arm at
      my side, the blade barely clears the ground.
      I also made it straight so for wraps... in my opinion, a very important
      tactic for sword and board (especially when fighting someone else who's
      sword&board).
      However my two hand sword is slightly longer than most period katanas would
      be per a person's size, it's about the distance from the center of my
      shoulder blades to the tip of my fingers., slightly curved, but with an edge
      on both side.

      My shield I took from a poster I saw with a monk who had the only shield in
      this huge battlefield. It's basically a 2' wide by 3' tall rectangle with a
      centergrip that is about 1' down from the top (so... an offcenter grip?). It
      works great for me but something like that may be too heavy for many
      folks... I sword of fight around it, as opposed to fighting WITH it.

      Watashi no ni en ^_^
      hehe

      --Ash

      Yeh though I walk through the valley of the bovine, I shall fear no pucky.
      For the enemy is but smelly shit underfoot.