Re: [SCA-JML] masasuke shozokusho

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2001
      andrea@... wrote:

      > Is there a primary source for the "Colors for a Court Lady's Dress"
      > that in translated in Dalby's Kimono, Fashioning Culture? I would
      > also accept another English translation to verify Dalby's work. I'd
      > like to enter my 12th Night outfit in our 12th Night "dressed to
      > excess" contest, but I've been told that a single English translation
      > is not enough documentation.

      Well, you might hit my URL (if us academics can cite URLs in academic
      bibliographies, you should be able to, also).

      http://www.geocities.com/sengokudaimyo/garb/ClothColors.html

      My prime sources were:

      Suzuki Keizô, Yûsoku kojitsu daijiten [An encyclopedia of ancient customs].
      Tôkyô: Yoshikawa kôbun kan, 1995.
      Suzuki Keizô, Yûsoku kojitsu zuten [A dictionary of ancient customs]. Tôkyô:
      Yoshikawa kôbun kan, 1995.
      Yoshida Sachiko, Nihon no iro jiten [A dictionary of Japanese colors].
      Tokyo: Shiko sha, 2000.