State of Japanese Events was Re: thanks for your help

  • mneumark@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2001

      > I'm just a poor bushi trying to make his way in the capital, but it
      seems
      > to me that if you know that the event is going to be small, and
      there are
      > some dedicated people, then maybe you could ask for a dispensation--
      it's
      > not like you have all that many people to take away from the main
      event.

      > Then again, switching hats, if you do this, then others will want
      to do it
      > until all you have are a bunch of little events. Sigh.

      And that's the problem. We need to be consistent, so if we canceled
      an archery event years ago because of lack of interest (which that is
      very sad too since we have an olympic archery range here in my
      barony), then we need to do the same thing with this one. We need to
      allow other people to try different things by opening this date up.
      Believe me, I didn't want to cancel it, but when I brought it up, it
      seemed there was a rousing "YES" to kill it too.

      Depressing. ::boo-boo face::

      But hopefully the new event will be just as fun and more people will
      be apart of it.

      --Raku