Re: [SCA-JML] I thought of a name, and am wondering

    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 1, 2001
      Barbara Nostrand wrote:

      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Try sessha or maybe waga.

      For those who don't know historical Japanese, these are both
      first-person-singular pronouns, so not very useful in English conversation.

      Solveig, I think she was referring to her *name*, as in how she should
      introduce herself or sign things....

      Effingham
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 1, 2001

        Greetings from Solveig! How about Shibushoku wo sashiagate itasu. Sesha wa
        doko-doko ni umareta nanika no oshigoto wo uketote dare-dare to mousu.

        I shouldn't do this sort of thing when I am half asleep anymore. I used
        to dream in Japanese, but that is now a long time ago.

        | techie.com, msn.com |
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 2, 2001
          Anthony Thompson wrote:

          > Well, I don't really know what period I am looking for. I would like
          > something that is pre-Edo (obviously), but too far before. I think
          > what I am looking for is on the site
          > http://www.geocities.com/sengokudaimyo/garb/Garb.html under "Kataginu
          > kamishimo" in Men's Outfits. The right-most picture, but without the
          > shoulder thingies.

          The outfit you want is on the LEFT. The one on the right is Edo, post
          period.

          That's why the illustration is there, to show what the outfit turned
          into.

          Effingham
        • Anthony Thompson
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 2, 2001
            sorry, I stupid.

            stupid
          • Anthony Thompson
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 2, 2001
              So, where can i get a pattern for a kataginu? Forgive my stupidity.

              Stupid-chan
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 6, 2001
                Anthony Thompson wrote:

                > So, where can i get a pattern for a kataginu? Forgive my stupidity.

                I'll try to put one together this weekend. There'll be a notice when it's
                posted to the files section.

                There's no stupidity involved at all!