Re: masasuke shozokusho

  • andrea@gideonfamily.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
      --- In sca-jml@y..., Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@a...> wrote:
      > Nadeshiko Hime!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Didn't you check out the colour charts when
      I had
      > them up?

      Yes, but I can't just print that out and call it documentation. I
      need actual quotes and some book titles for my bibliography. This is
      for documentation for a kingdom level A&S compition.
      Nadeshiko
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
        Nadeshiko Hime

        Greetings from Solveig!

        Kokugo Kokubungaku Techo
        Shogakukan, 1990
        ISBN 4-09-504501-9

        >--- In sca-jml@y..., Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@a...> wrote:
        >> Nadeshiko Hime!
        >>
        >> Greetings from Solveig! Didn't you check out the colour charts when
        >I had
        >> them up?
        >>

        >Yes, but I can't just print that out and call it documentation. I
        >need actual quotes and some book titles for my bibliography. This is
        >for documentation for a kingdom level A&S compition.
        >Nadeshiko

        | techie.com, msn.com |
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2001
          Barbara Nostrand wrote:

          > As far as Heian Japanese are
          > concerned, Fall is almost over.

          Well, only so much as yesterday was the "Mid Fall Festival..." it's half
          over.<G>

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2001
            andrea@... wrote:

            > Is there a primary source for the "Colors for a Court Lady's Dress"
            > that in translated in Dalby's Kimono, Fashioning Culture? I would
            > also accept another English translation to verify Dalby's work. I'd
            > like to enter my 12th Night outfit in our 12th Night "dressed to
            > excess" contest, but I've been told that a single English translation
            > is not enough documentation.

            Well, you might hit my URL (if us academics can cite URLs in academic
            bibliographies, you should be able to, also).

            http://www.geocities.com/sengokudaimyo/garb/ClothColors.html

            My prime sources were:

            Suzuki Keizô, Yûsoku kojitsu daijiten [An encyclopedia of ancient customs].
            Tôkyô: Yoshikawa kôbun kan, 1995.
            Suzuki Keizô, Yûsoku kojitsu zuten [A dictionary of ancient customs]. Tôkyô:
            Yoshikawa kôbun kan, 1995.
            Yoshida Sachiko, Nihon no iro jiten [A dictionary of Japanese colors].
            Tokyo: Shiko sha, 2000.