Yumi's contact info

  • Elsyr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2001
      Before Pennsic someone (I forget who) had asked to have Yumi's contact
      information posted. Sorry it took so long, but I just now managed to
      get the last of the Pennsic stuff unpacked and find his flyer. The info
      is:

      Yumi
      94 Mill St. East
      Milverton, Ontario, Canada
      N0K 1M0

      Phone: (519) 595-8791
      Email: kkoppedr@...
    • echo@imap.pitt.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2001
        That was me. Thanks for the address. I ordered a yumi from him and
        need to get in contact with him about getting it.
      • Ii Saburou
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
          What materials were tabi usually made out of? All leather? Leather with
          silk uppers?

          I'm trying to make myself a pair, but realized that I hadn't really
          considered what they were made out of before.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2001
            Ii Saburou wrote:

            > What materials were tabi usually made out of? All leather? Leather with
            > silk uppers?

            Tabi qua tabi came about exclusively for folks with rank, and were deerskin.
            I don't think they became fabric until the Edo period, though they might
            have been silk-lined. (I'd hate the thought of putting on wet leather socks.
            Ick.)

            Effingham
          • bun-ami
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
              >Ii Saburou wrote:
              >
              >> What materials were tabi usually made out of? All leather? Leather with
              >> silk uppers?
              >>

              >Tabi qua tabi came about exclusively for folks with rank, and were deerskin.
              >I don't think they became fabric until the Edo period, though they might
              >have been silk-lined. (I'd hate the thought of putting on wet leather socks.
              >Ick.)
              >
              >Effingham

              Was this also the same tabi worn in 14th century saragaku/Noh? Or was the translation into tabi referring to something else?

              Bun-ami