OOP Name question

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
      Minna-sama e moushi agemasu*:

      I wish to tap everyone's knowledge on MODERN Japanese names. Here's
      the deal: My wife and I are in contact with a local community college
      that offers Saturday school in Japanese for the local auto plant
      community, and we're trying to get involved/volunteer any way
      possible in order to get some Nihongo practice. My contact (via
      email, so I haven't heard the voice) at ECC is a Manami Murakami-
      Robinson. I am ASSUMING by the hyphenated last name and the "mi"
      ending that this person is female...before I reply I wish to confirm
      that "Manami" is a FEMALE name...chigau?*

      *Address to everyone:

      * different? (incorrect?)

      Arigataki shiawase ni

      Shonaigawa
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
        Nate wrote:

        > I wish to tap everyone's knowledge on MODERN Japanese names. Here's
        > the deal: My wife and I are in contact with a local community college
        > that offers Saturday school in Japanese for the local auto plant
        > community, and we're trying to get involved/volunteer any way
        > possible in order to get some Nihongo practice. My contact (via
        > email, so I haven't heard the voice) at ECC is a Manami Murakami-
        > Robinson. I am ASSUMING by the hyphenated last name and the "mi"
        > ending that this person is female...before I reply I wish to confirm
        > that "Manami" is a FEMALE name...chigau?*

        Should be a girl, yup. <G>

        Effingham
      • Nate Ledbetter
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2001
          ..before I reply
          > I wish to confirm
          > > that "Manami" is a FEMALE name...chigau?*
          > >

          > Should be a girl, yup. <G>
          >

          > Effingham

          Thanks...I feel kind of silly after thinking about it,
          but didn't want to take the chance it was like a "Pat"
          or a "Chris" in English...

          Shonaigawa

          http://im.yahoo.com