Image Gallery?

  • yamashiro_kato@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2001
      Konnichiwa....

      I have been reading this mailing list for a few months now. On
      occasion people here mention how something looks or try to describe
      their armor, garb, tent, etc. I was just wondering if there would be
      an interest from the group in uploading images of their "stuff" to
      either the Yahoo Groups home or a seperate site. I don't know about
      everyone else, but I am a visual person, plus I would love to see
      what other people's armor and "stuff" look like.

      Just a thought.

      - Yamashiro Kato'
    • mgiard@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2001
        Konnichi Wah Yamashiro-dono!

        It's a great idea! I would be interesting to see everyone garb and
        crafts... I was thinking about a similar project last week.

        Let see if the moderators(let say site-daimyo) will accept the
        idea... If not, someone could easily set up a simple site to post
        pictures...

        Ja'mata

        Fukushima Masanari Hanzo

        --- In sca-jml@y..., yamashiro_kato@y... wrote:
        > Konnichiwa....
        >
        > I have been reading this mailing list for a few months now. On
        > occasion people here mention how something looks or try to describe
        > their armor, garb, tent, etc. I was just wondering if there would
        be
        > an interest from the group in uploading images of their "stuff" to
        > either the Yahoo Groups home or a seperate site. I don't know
        about
        > everyone else, but I am a visual person, plus I would love to see
        > what other people's armor and "stuff" look like.
        >
        > Just a thought.
        >
        > - Yamashiro Kato'
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2001
          Noble Cousins!

          Greetings from Solveig! Last I heard, Yahoo was claiming ownership
          of stuff uploaded to their site. Therefore, I shall not upload
          anything. I should have a site up again by the end of the week.

        • Gaylin Walli
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20, 2001
            --- In sca-jml@y..., Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@a...> wrote:

            > Greetings from Solveig! Last I heard, Yahoo was claiming ownership
            > of stuff uploaded to their site. Therefore, I shall not upload
            > anything.

            Not exactly. Here is the relevant passag, copied verbatim, from the
            Terms of Service agreement. Note the definition of "publicly available
            areas" and that should help correct the misinformation people seem to
            have been getting about the posting of files and subsequent ownership
            of those files. As long as a list is set to non-public access, your
            files, by their definition, are yours. -- Iasmin

            8. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE

            Yahoo does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available
            for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you
            submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of
            the Service, you grant Yahoo the following world-wide, royalty free and
            non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:

            With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on
            publicly accessible areas of Yahoo! Clubs and Yahoo! Groups, the
            license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform
            and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the
            purposes of providing and promoting the specific Yahoo! Club or Yahoo!
            Group to which such Content was submitted or made available. This
            license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include
            such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove
            or Yahoo removes such Content from the Service.

            With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make
            available for inclusion on publicly accessible area of the Service
            other than Yahoo! Clubs or Yahoo! Groups, the license to use,
            distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly
            display such Content on the Service solely for the purpose for which
            such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only
            for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the
            Service and will terminate at the time you remove or Yahoo removes such
            Content from the Service.

            With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you
            submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of
            the Service other than Yahoo! Clubs or Yahoo! Groups, the perpetual,
            irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute,
            reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and
            publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate
            such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or
            later developed.

            "Publicly accessible" areas of the Service are those areas of the Yahoo
            network of properties that are intended by Yahoo to be available to the
            general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the
            Service would include Yahoo! Message Boards and portions of Yahoo!
            Clubs and Yahoo! Groups that are open to both members and visitors.
            However, publicly accessible areas of the Service would not include
            portions of Yahoo! Clubs and Yahoo! Groups that are limited to members,
            Yahoo services intended for private communication such as Yahoo! Mail
            or Yahoo! Messenger, or areas off of the Yahoo network of properties
            such as portions of World Wide Web sites that are accessible through
            Yahoo! Webring but are not hosted or served by Yahoo.