kasane no irome

  • Jen Wallace
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      Hello;

      I have a question about color combinations. In order to work within my
      non-existent budget, I am trying to put together a set of garb that will
      work for all seasons. I like the koiro/shiro/kurumi combo on the japanese
      clothing history website, but I can't tell what color kurumi is supposed to
      be. On my computer it looks like a periwinkle-grey shade. Is koiro more
      beige, brown or gold? That's all for now.

      Tani Okiku

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
        Jen Wallace wrote:

        > Hello;
        >
        > I have a question about color combinations. In order to work within my
        > non-existent budget, I am trying to put together a set of garb that will
        > work for all seasons. I like the koiro/shiro/kurumi combo on the japanese
        > clothing history website, but I can't tell what color kurumi is supposed to
        > be. On my computer it looks like a periwinkle-grey shade. Is koiro more
        > beige, brown or gold? That's all for now.

        Kôiro is approximately DMC 738. It's a very pale beige. What does it look like
        on your monitor above in the color section? Kôriro is second row, second
        column on the "browns" chart.

        Kurumi isn't a color: it's the *name* of the color combination that is white
        surface fabric over kôiro lining. I guess I need to make that more clear. Hm.
        Never occurred to me. Is