Re: yumi's yumi

  • echo@imap.pitt.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a payment to Yumi for
      a yumi. I've been talking with Kintarou since March, I believe about
      buying one and now, around the time everyone's heading to Pennsic, I
      have the money saved up for it. I believe my request for one was
      submitted and if I have a money order ready, I can buy one.

      Well, timing of work and other mundane things keeps me from attending
      Pennsic this year (was planning on going Aug 17-19), again (after 8
      years of living in Pittsburgh... *grumble*). I know there are no day-
      passes. Is there any way that I may be able to get a payment to Yumi
      and get a bow? Even if I meet someone at the Troll and do the
      exchange there this or next Saturday, I would be so eternally
      grateful. I've been following the postings of photos of the archery
      demonstration and the product and have been getting more and more
      excited at getting one.

      Thank you,
      -Luis Torrefranca
      echo@...

      --- In sca-jml@y..., kujika@a... wrote:
      > There is no dought that Yumis Bows are the best that I have ever
      seen in the SCA but know that 2 years ago Mokurai got one of Yumi's
      kyujustsu no yumi and the next day in camp as he was learning to draw
      it ,it snaped like a dry stick. some people will say that Mokurai
      must have been doing something wrong for that to happen but this is
      not so. Mokurais draw was done the right way . also know that he took
      the bow back to yumi and after 1 year of trying to fix it yumi sold
      him a new bow that was better than the frist . the cost of the new
      bow was only the defrence in the price.
      > this new bow is working well.
      > lastly I am happy to say that I have the frist yumi that yumi made
      and it works very well but in looking at it you can see that his work
      has come along way and he is makeing much better kyujustsu no yumi
      today.it is likly that I will buy my next bow from yumi.