Re: [SCA-JML] 15c tea document

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26, 2001
      Baron Edward!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      I know about the mega volume kanji dictionaries, however I also
      know about how much they cost. I have a really hard time even
      imagining buying one of the things. No library at a podunk
      school such as would employ me is likely to buy one of the things
      for me or anyone else.

      I understand that Taiwan is not a great respecter of copyright.
      Fortunately, I believe it is legal for us to buy from them.
      $250.00 is on a par with the Costume Museum book which I gave
      to myself as a birthday present last year. Please tell me about
      this Taiwanese knock-off. It may go on my birthday list.

      Thank you for the Kyodai library link. I've been using the Todai
      library catalogue off and on for a couple of years now. Really
      off and on as the tought of all of those innaccessable books is
      kind of depressing. The really nifty thing about Wilkes and now
      SUNY Potsdam is faculty access to Worldcat. This lets me hunt
      down books which I may be able to lay my hands on through ILL.

      I really really like the look of ZENCAT which promisses to
      index all of the Japnaese university libraries! That is a
      feature that I have not seen before. Thank you very much.