Re: [SCA-JML] Architecture - Basic Measurements

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2001

      Greetings from Solveig! Baron Edward is giving danchi too much
      credit. Danchi are equivalent to housing projects. Mansions are
      equivalent to apartments and condos. Danchi tatami are infamous
      for being semai. This is in a country where a TV show doing a
      spoof on vending machines had as their final vending machine a
      slightly wider one which opened up to be a room with about four
      people already sitting in it.

      As for the larger versions of the ken with one shaku pillars.
      I doubt that anyone here is going to be building Kiyomizudera
      any time soon.

      It would of course be nice to have a full size temple at Pennsic,
      but it would be a bit difficult to set it up and tear it down
      each year. Also, how would we get the land allocation for it?